HISD’s Transportation Services department is now hiring school bus drivers for the 2014–2015 school year.
Here’s what we offer:
• Starting Pay of $14.95
• Minimum Hours: five per day, M – F
• Retirement Plan, 403(b) Annuities
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• Life Insurance Available
• Flexible Schedules
• Paid Sick Leave
• Extra Pay for Field Trips
• Free CDL Training
• High Tech Buses
For immediate consideration, interested candidates should apply in person at one of the four terminals between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Terminals are located at:
• Barnett Terminal, 6800 Fairway (77087), 713-845-5022
• Butler Terminal, 13600 S. Main St. (77035), 713-726-2102
• Central Terminal, 7700 Wallisville Road (77020), 713-676-9434
• Northwest Terminal, 6351 Pinemont (77092), 713-613-3049
Prefer to apply online? You can do that here.
Bus driver candidates must be at least 18 years of age with a Texas driver’s license and a remarkable driving record. HISD performs background checks and requires no more than five points (equal to two moving violations within the last three years) on a bus driver applicant’s motor-vehicle report.
Please note that all applicants must successfully complete a background check and drug testing before an offer of employment can be made.