Have you ever wondered how money is spent in a large school district? Do you know where the money comes from and how your child’s school is funded?
If you’d like to know just how the Houston Independent School District pays for the many educational services we provide to Houston’s children, take a look at our latest web page – HISD Budget Basics. You’ll find information on:
- Where the district’s operating budget comes from
- How the money is budgeted and spent
- Who decides how the money is spent
- Who keeps an eye on the budget
- Who decides how money is spent at your child’s school
- How to calculate your HISD taxes
Just like in your own household, HISD has a budget that requires prioritizing of needs and wise spending. And because the budget is vital to the operation of the district, HISD wants you to know how it is funded and where the money is spent. Get your questions answered and find out how you can be involved in the HISD budget process at houstonisd.org/budget.