The first day of the school is only days away, and HISD’s Transportation Department is doing everything possible to ensure a safe and successful school year.
All parents should receive a postcard in the mail and at least two telephone calls before school starts with their children’s bus-route information, but a customer call center has also been set up to answer questions. Parents can call 713-613-3040 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. starting Thurs., Aug. 22, for assistance with transportation-related issues. The call center will remain open for at least 30 days.
For HISD school bus safety tips, watch this HISD informational video.
More Transportation Updates:
• There are 889 bus routes this year, a 5 percent increase over last year
• Some 60 new drivers are coming onboard this year
• Safety trainers were schooled in bus inspections, precision-driving techniques, parking, and correct mirror usage so that they could train drivers
• Bus drivers and attendants partnered with the Houston Fire Department for bus evacuation and rescue training and received instruction on treating smoke inhalation and burns
• All 1,001 buses in the HISD fleet will have been inspected and bus cameras, GPS units, and newly activated silent alarms have been checked