HISD’s Transportation Department is looking for the best school bus drivers and attendants to join its nationally recognized team for the 2017-2018 school year.
For immediate consideration, interested candidates should apply online or in person at one of the four terminals between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Terminals are located at:
- Barnett Terminal, 6800 Fairway, 77087, 713-845-5022
- Butler Terminal, 13600 S. Main St., 77035, 713-726-2102
- Central Terminal, 7700 Wallisville Road, 77020, 713-676-9434
- Northwest Terminal, 6351 Pinemont, 77092, 713-613-3049
Benefits include a starting pay of $16.16 per hour, as well as a $250 new hire bonus and a $1,200 attendance bonus. Other benefits include:
- Guaranteed minimum hours: five per day, Monday through Friday
- Retirement Plan, 403(b)
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Flexible schedules
- Paid sick leave
- Extra pay for field trips
- CDL training
Bus driver candidates must be at least 18 years of age with a Texas driver’s license and a remarkable driving record. HISD performs background checks and requires less than six points on a bus driver applicant’s motor-vehicle report. Applicants must successfully complete a background check and drug testing before an offer of employment can be made.
For further information please, contact Transportation Human Resources at 713-613-3068 or visit HoustonISD.org/DriveHISD.