HISD is partnering with MD Anderson Cancer Center to offer three current juniors or seniors a paid summer research internship on cancer science.
If you are interested in a career in medical research, this could be a great opportunity for you. Applications are due by Jan. 11, 2018.
The 10-week program runs June 6 through Aug. 10, 2018. Students receive a $6,000 stipend paid in installments throughout the internship.
To apply, complete the application form here and submit by the Jan. 11 deadline, along with your December 2017 report card and a written statement regarding why you should be selected for the program. Only current HISD juniors and seniors are eligible to apply.
Participating students will attend the program from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, June 6-Aug. 10, 2018, with one hour of unpaid lunch daily. Program dates are firm, and you must be available for the entire 10-week program. Approval for absences is at the discretion of the program mentor.
Here are a few more details regarding what you will be doing:
- Hands-on investigative scientific research in the laboratory of a MD Anderson faculty member who will also serve as a mentor
- Opportunities for clinical observation
- Weekly lectures designed to expand your knowledge of scientific fields and medical disciplines, as well as career and skills development presentations
- Networking with other program participants
- End-of-program celebration, summer project poster presentation, and “elevator speech” from each participating student