Parents and students who submitted an application to a magnet program for the 2019-20 school year during Phase I (Sept. 28-Dec. 7, 2018) can now check the status of their applications online.
Parents who created an online account will be able to find the results posted on their parent dashboards at www.hisdchoice.com. Application-status letters were sent out by U.S. mail on March 12, 2019.
Once you receive your application status, there are steps you must take to secure your place:
* If your child was accepted: Accept the offered seat either online (for parents who submitted an online application) or in person. Provide the school with documents listed below and sign the entrance agreement. You will have 2 weeks to accept the offered seat and make arrangements with the school to submit the following documents:
* Proof of current residence
* Proof of age (if your child is entering Pre-K or kindergarten)
* The school will be able to provide a copy of an entrance agreement that you will be required to sign.
For offers on or after April 5, 2019, parents will have one week to accept the seat and make arrangements with the school to submit the required documents and sign an entrance agreement at the school to secure the seat.
* If your child was wait-listed: Stay alert for changes in application status now and throughout the summer by visiting your dashboard and the magnet status page. You can also submit an application to programs that still have space available that are posted on our website and apply during Phase II and Phase III. For answers to frequently asked questions about magnet application status, read our Magnet FAQ.
If you need assistance with the magnet process, have trouble logging in to your dashboard, or have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, call the Office of School Choice at 713-556-6947 or contact the appropriate school’s magnet coordinator.
Parents can learn more about campuses with space available at the Spring School Choice Fair from 9 a.m. to noon on April 27, 2019 at Gregory Lincoln Education Center.
For more information on HISD’s magnet programs, including a complete list of important dates, please visit the School Choice website.