The College Board last week announced that due to nationwide school closures, students will have access to remote-learning activities and the option to take a 45-minute exam online.
According to the College Board, students who are already registered for an exam can choose to cancel at no charge. The College Board will provide two dates for each AP subject exam – the dates will be announced by April 3 through the College Board.
Students will have two dates to choose from if they want to take the exam online. Students can submit an online exam using a computer, tablet or smartphone, as well as providing a photo of handwritten work. All AP exams will only include content covered in class by early March.
Additionally, the College Board launched a new online resource for students taking exams including free, live AP review courses. The courses will be run by AP teachers, available on demand and feature content to use alongside any resources provided by classroom teachers.
The AP review courses will focus on and review skills and concepts from the first 75 percent of a course. Supplementary lessons will be provided by the College Board to cover the remaining 25 percent of a course.
The College Board has schedule and test change information posted on the website at https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap/news-changes/coronavirus-update.