In partnership with Souper Bowl of Caring and the Houston Food Bank, HISD schools and staff are participating in the 2021 Souper Bowl of Caring, a youth-led, national food drive that mobilizes thousands of young people to fight hunger and poverty in their communities
One of the nation’s largest celebrations of serving and giving will raise awareness and tackle hunger in communities. HISD schools, departments, families, and staff are all invited to participate by doing the following:
- Register – Sign up now to host a food drive or collect monetary donations at www.tacklehunger.org.
- Collect – Determine whether you will collect actual food items, collect and donate food items virtually, collect cash donations online, or do all three. Then conduct the collection campaign between through Feb. 7.
- Cash Donations
Cash donations can be collected online using https://map.tacklehunger.org/donate/ch11
- Virtual Food Items Donations
Food items can be donated virtually at yougivegoods.com/sbochisd_hisd_foundation
- Donation of Collected Food Items
Your collection of food items can be brought to
the HISD Community Partnerships Department, Level I, SE,
4400 West 18th Street, Houston Texas 77092.
Collection boxes are also located in the building’s entrances.
- Report – Visit www.tacklehunger.org to report your totals. You can report the number of cans, pounds of food, or dollars donated and where you donated them. You will get a certificate upon completion of your report.
- Record – Be sure to record your totals!
- Share – Encourage others to support the HISD effort to tackle hunger in the community and share your efforts on social media! Use #TackleHunger and/or @HISD_Partner.
This year HISD is also partnering with the Souper Bowl of Caring, KHOU 11 and the HISD Foundation for the Souper Bowl of Caring Telethon on Thursday, February 4, 2021 from 4-7pm, on KHOU 11. Funds from the program will help stock the food pantries at schools served by the HISD Wraparound Services Department, as well as the food pantry for the Student Assistance program, which serves HISD’s homeless population.
For more information about the Souper Bowl of Caring, visit https://tacklehunger.org.