The Houston Independent School District Board of Education elected officers for the 2021-2022 school year during a special meeting on January 21.
District IV Trustee Patricia Allen, a former principal and longtime educator who worked for HISD for 35 years, was elected president.
“I gratefully accept the honor of being elected to this position, and I thank my colleagues for selecting me,” Allen said. “I want to assure my fellow trustees and Interim Superintendent Grenita Lathan that I will endeavor to do everything in my power to faithfully serve the children, teachers, parents and staff of this district.”
The new officers for 2021-2022 are:
- President – Patricia Allen (District IV)
- First Vice President – Holly Maria Flynn Vilaseca (District VI)
- Second Vice President – Judith Cruz (District VIII)
- Secretary – Kathy Blueford-Daniels (District II)
- Assistant Secretary – Daniela “Dani” Hernandez (District III)
For more information, please visit the HISD Board of Education’s webpage.