School’s out for summer, but students were working hard right up to the end and we highlighted some of their accomplishments in this week’s edition of Community eNews. We also posted information about summer school, keeping children fed and ideas for keeping them busy.
- As of this week, our students have received more than $150 million in scholarship offers, including one Barbara Jordan HS student who has received more than $500,000 in scholarship offers.
- Reagan High School’s math team won the UIL state championship.
- Children can eat for free this summer starting next week. Learn more about how HISD’s Food Services department teams with the Houston Food Bank for those meals.
- If you want to find info on summer camps, here’s a good place to start.
- Some of our newest teachers are already preparing for next school year.
- A Westside HS theater group promotes inclusiveness between regular and special education students. They perform a self-written play every semester.
You’re probably wondering how you can keep up with all this news from the district. It’s easy. Subscribe to our Community eNews and get the latest info on Fridays.