Principals from across the district to conduct interviews and extend job offers
The HISD Human Resources team is hosting a Teacher Selection Event on Tuesday, June 20, for prospective teachers interested in joining Team HISD.
In order to attend the invitation-only event, candidates must be pool-approved. Begin the application process by clicking here. Applicants who meet certification standards will receive an invitation with location and other event details. Applicants must then register for the event.
Applicants should fall into one of the following categories:
* Hold a standard Texas teaching certificate
* Hold a valid teacher certification in another state
* Be a current student teacher who will receive a certification upon graduation
* Be enrolled in a state-accredited Alternative Certification Program pursuing a certification.
* If you are an ACP candidate, upload your Letter of Acceptance, Statement of Eligibility, and unofficial university transcript.
Principals from across the district will attend the event to conduct interviews with teacher candidates and, in some cases, extend job offers. Teachers certified to teach bilingual, secondary math and science, and special education are strongly encouraged to apply and attend.
HISD is the largest school district in Texas and the seventh largest HISD is the largest school district in Texas and the seventh largest in the U.S. The district’s starting teacher salary is $51,500, one of the highest starting in the region. In addition, certified bilingual teachers are eligible for up to a $4,000 stipend.