If you are a Houston ISD graduate interested in pursuing a college education, it’s not too late! Houston Community College second start coursework begins on Monday, Sept. 25, and in-person support is available.
HISD’s Office of College & Career Readiness will hold second start registration drives on Thursday, Sept. 21 and Friday, Sept. 22 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- West Loop (Main Lobby | 5601 West Loop S, Houston, TX 77081)
- Central (Main Lobby | 1300 Holman St, Houston, TX 77004)
Second start coursework is an excellent option for students who encountered barriers that prevented the start or continuation of school, such as Hurricane Harvey.
Students interested in enrolling in second start coursework must:
- Apply to Houston Community College online at http://hccs.edu/application
- Obtain a final high school transcript and TSI scores
- Attend an academic advising session at an HCC location
- Enroll in coursework and ensure that tuition balances are paid (either with financial aid or a processed payment)
If you have questions, or need additional information, please contact Michael Koch at 713-556-7510 or MKOCH@houstonisd.org.