HISD, in coordination with the Legislative Budget Board, is soliciting suggestions/feedback from HISD stakeholders regarding opportunities for improvement in the quality of education and management of district resources.
In June 2018, the Houston Independent School District (HISD) Board of Trustees requested a management and performance review from the Legislative Budget Board (LBB). LBB is a permanent joint committee of the Texas Legislature that develops budget and policy recommendations for legislative appropriations, completes fiscal analyses for proposed legislation, and conducts evaluations and reviews to improve the efficiency and performance of state and local operations.
The three main objectives of the review are to:
- Identify opportunities to save money or increase revenue
- Develop strategies to streamline and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- Highlight exemplary programs that could be replicated by other Texas school districts
Please provide input on key areas of review and relay your concerns in the following survey by Friday, November 9:
- Parents: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HISD_parents
- Campus staff: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HISD_campus_staff
- District staff: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HISD_district_staff
All responses are anonymous. For questions, please email email@example.com.