Parents and students who submitted an application to a school choice program for the 2020-21 school year during Phase I (Sept. 27-Dec. 6, 2019) can now check the status of their applications online.
Parents who created an online account will be able to find the results posted on their parent dashboards at HISDchoice.com. If you forgot your password and wish to reset it, please contact the office of school choice directly at 713-556-6947 or via email at SchoolChoice@houstonisd.org.
Once you receive your application status, there are steps you must take to secure your place:
* If your child was accepted: Accept the offered seat either online (for parents who submitted an online application) or in person. Provide the school with documents listed below and sign the entrance agreement, if applicable. You will have 2 weeks to accept the offered seat and make arrangements with the school to submit the following documents:
- Proof of current residence
- Proof of age (if your child is entering Pre-K or kindergarten)
- The school will be able to provide a copy of an entrance agreement that you will be required to sign.
For Phase 2 offers on or after Feb. 28, 2020, parents will have one week to accept the seat and make arrangements with the school to submit the required documents and sign an entrance agreement at the school to secure the seat.
* If your child was wait-listed: Stay alert for changes in application status by visiting your dashboard and the choice status page. You can also submit an application to programs that still have space available that are posted on our website (ChooseHISD.com) and apply during Phase II. Phase III application submission is for students new to HISD or for Out of District students wishing to enroll in HISD for the first time. For answers to frequently asked questions about magnet and program choice application status, read our School Choice FAQ.
If you need assistance with the school choice process, have trouble logging in to your dashboard, or have any questions, e-mail
SchoolChoice@houstonisd.org, call the Office of School Choice at 713-556-6947 or contact the appropriate school’s transfer coordinator.
Parents can learn more about campuses with space available at the Spring School Choice Fair from 9 a.m. to noon on Feb. 15, 2020 at Northside High School.