HISD schools and offices will remain closed through Tuesday, February 23. There will be no virtual or in-person learning on Monday or Tuesday, and employees will not report to work unless notified by their supervisor.
All central office staff, principals, and campus-based staff will return to work in-person on Wednesday, February 24. Teachers have the option to return to campuses or work remotely on Wednesday (2/24) before returning in person on Thursday (2/25).
The following information is from Academic Support regarding the transition to virtual and/or face-to-face learning. HISD will implement the following schedules for students starting Monday, February 22:
Updated information regarding student learning:
- Monday, 2/22 and Tuesday, 2/3: No school. Opportunity for students to complete and submit missing assignments.
- Wednesday, 2/24: Students participate in virtual learning lessons and complete assignments to submit according to grade level. Completion of assignments provides attendance.
- Pre-Kindergarten–Kindergarten: Complete at least one lesson in Imagine Learning (20 min) and one in Imagine Math (20 min). Total: 40 min
- Grades 1st -5th OPTION 1: Complete at least one lesson in Imagine Learning (30 min) and one in Imagine Math (30 min). Total: 1 hour
- Grades 1st -5th OPTION 2: Log into the HUB and complete February 15* student planner lessons to submit assignments for core content areas (reading, math, science, and social studies) by 11:59 p.m. Students should submit at least one lesson activity to be counted present.
- Grades 6th -12th (MS and HS): Log into the HUB and complete February 15* student planner lessons to submit assignments for all classes (core content and core enrichment) by 11:59 p.m.
*NOTE: HISD schools were closed the week of February 15 due to inclement weather, power, and water issues, so students did not engage in virtual or in-person lessons. Therefore, on Wednesday, February 24, students will begin with the February 15 student planner lessons to log in and complete assignments.
- Thursday, 2/25, and Friday, 2/26: All students transition to virtual live instruction with their teachers. Follow guidance from your teacher.
- Monday, 3/1: Face-to-face and/or virtual instruction will resume on all campuses. All students will engage in in-person or virtual live instruction with their teacher(s).
Students, parents and caregivers may obtain support through the following:
HISD @ H.O.M.E. Hotline
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Schedule a 1:1 online session for HUB, Teams, digital resources or other online tech support Wednesday – Friday:
Book an Online Appointment
Imagine Learning and Imagine Math Tech Support
email@example.com (live chat)
We will also be assisting our families distributing food boxes in partnership with the Houston Food Bank. The food distribution date and location is Wednesday, February 24 from 2 to 6 p.m. at Barnett Stadium, 6800 Fairway Dr., Houston 77087
Further food distribution information will be provided as details are available.
Additionally, the district is opening its hotline number, 713-556-4636, for any student, parent, or staff concerns or questions. And please remember all HISD employees and their household members have access to free benefits available through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to help with any personal challenges you might be facing.
Please continue to follow updates via the district’s social media accounts and on HoustonISD.org.