The Houston Independent School District has received 14 National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) awards, including five Golden Achievement Awards.
The Golden Achievement Awards, the highest honor given by the organization, were for the following:
- 2017 HISD State of the Schools communications campaign, which included a dedicated website, invitation, program, and other materials.
- Listen and Learn Tour to introduce new HISD Superintendent Richard Carranza to the community, complete with branding, flyers, online survey, and signage – as well as a live “virtual” town hall meeting streamed on district’s website, social media, and TV channel.
- Family-Friendly Schools Certification, including a video, branding materials, and a dedicated website.
- Social Media Scorecard to provide schools with feedback on their social media channels and school websites. The Communications team created a rubric for grading and provided the feedback in customized reports for each school, as well as resources and best practices.
- 2016 Educators of the Year, including branding for the superhero-themed event, signage, and a social media campaign.