Hundreds of parents and students gathered on Tues., June 25, to learn more information about the scheduled annexation of North Forest schools into the Houston Independent School District. The Texas Education Commissioner has ordered HISD to annex North Forest ISD on July 1. To make the transition as smooth as possible, HISD is holding a series of community meetings. The final meeting will be held on Thurs., June 27, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Eden Event Center, 7540 N. Wayside.
- Parents, Students Crowd North Forest Informational Meeting
- HISD Accepting Applications for Summer School Teachers Through July 11
- North Forest Summer School Starts July 8
- North Forest Summer School Program
- HISD’s Free Summer Meals Program available for North Forest students
- The Transition from North Forest ISD to HISD
During Tuesday’s meeting, HISD staff members addressed concerns and answered questions on topics such as proposed school attendance boundaries and summer school. North Forest students who are required to attend summer school will soon be receiving a notification letter in the mail.
North Forest summer school sessions will begin on Mon., July 8, and will conclude on Thurs., Aug. 1, on four campuses: North Forest HS, Forest Brook MS, Shadydale ES, and Hilliard ES. Classes will be held from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Starting Mon., July 1, HISD will begin accepting applications for certified educators interested in teaching summer school in the North Forest community schools.