Houston ISD’s first female athletic director talks about what she wants her legacy to be and a “dashboard” is making principals’ lives easier. Those are just two stories featured in this week’s edition of Community eNews.
- Marmion Dambrino became HISD’s first female athletic director in Aug. 2010. She talks about how her previous roles as a teacher, coach, and administrator help guide her decision making. Houston Mayor Annise Parker even declared Sept. 21 as Marmion Dambrino Day.
- A new “dashboard” is helping principals manage their schools more effectively.
- Two HISD seniors have been named recipients of $2,000 “Path-Maker” scholarships for 2013 by the Galleria Chamber of Commerce.
- Superintendent of Schools Terry Grier writes in his blog, Talk Supe, about the importance of dreaming big.
- Summer school for students in the North Forest community begins on July 8.
- HISD is helping small businesses through Mentor-Protégé Program.
You’re probably wondering how you can keep up with all this news from the district. It’s easy. Subscribe to our Community eNews and get the latest info on Thursdays during the summer and Fridays during the school year.