Nine HISD students from three southwest Houston high schools will be awarded Wilbern Heritage scholarships at a ceremony on Thursday, May 15. The Wilbern Heritage Scholarship is awarded to Career and Technology Education (CTE) students who attend classes for part of the day, then spend the rest of the day at jobs or internships.
To be eligible for the Wilbern Heritage scholarship, students must:
• demonstrate strong scholastic aptitude, as evidenced by SAT or ACT scores
• have applied to an accredited college or university as a full-time student
• demonstrate strength of character (community service, recommendations and interviews)
• have completed at least three credits in two or more CTE courses
• be enrolled in a CTE or similar work program at a Southwest Houston public high school
Each honoree will receive a $2,000 scholarship. This year’s winners are:
Westbury High School
• Yasmin Fuentes
• Vanesa Flores
• Larreishia McCorr
• Angye Segovia
• Krista Seto
Bellaire High School
• Tianna Kelly
• Kiararah Momon
• Sidra Naveed
Lamar High School
• Ruth Schenau
To learn more about the Wilbern Heritage Foundation scholarship, visit http://www.willbernscholarship.org/.
Congratulations to my church member, Kara rah Mom on this great accomplishment! Very proud of her! She is an awesome worker at the church events and through the outreach programs we serve such as SEARCH. Yeah!