Wish you could get the latest information and updates on construction progress at your child’s school? Now you can. Just follow @Build_HISD on Twitter, and you’ll have all that information at your fingertips.
The new page was launched last month to provide families with quick and easy access to the latest information — photos, videos, project updates, meeting recaps — about 2012 Bond projects across the district.
Follow us. Re-tweet us. Tag us with your questions. Or tweet your own construction photos, and we can retweet you. You can also look for and use our hashtags #BuildHISD, #2012Bond, and #BuiltForLearning.
Of course, you don’t have to depend solely on Twitter for the latest 2012 Bond news. We have lots of options for you:
- Visit BuildHISD.org for detailed information and updates on each school being rebuilt as part of the 2012 Bond Program. You can also see the big picture — review detailed reports compiled for the HISD Bond Oversight Committee and read recaps of their quarterly meetings.
- Keep an eye on your email inbox, and make sure your email address is up-to-date with your child’s school. We use HISD’s SchoolMessenger system to send regular updates directly to parents at 2012 Bond schools.
- Subscribe to Building Excellence, the monthly e-newsletter for the 2012 Bond Program.
- Check out the 2012 Bond calendar for a list of upcoming Project Advisory Team meetings, community meetings, and milestone celebrations. See a meeting or event for your school? Mark it on your calendar and attend!
- Still have questions? E-mail us at BondInfo@HoustonISD.org.
About the HISD 2012 Bond Program HISD’s voter-approved 2012 Bond Program calls for renovation or rebuilding of 40 schools, including 29 high schools. Almost 50 percent of all bond projects are now complete and open to students, and construction is continuing at roughly two dozen more campuses across the district. Once all work is finished, HISD will boast of one of the most modern portfolios of urban high schools in the country.