With pre-K applications currently open and Kindergarten enrollment underway for the 2021-2022 school year, Houston Independent School District is offering one-on-one support for parents seeking assistance.
To help families one-on-one, HISD is offering a Pre-K and K registration day on Saturday, June 5, 2021, from 9 a.m. to noon.
Families can get assistance one of three ways.
- In person: Walking into any HISD elementary school or Early Childhood Center with all required documents
- Phone: Calling the HISD hotline at 713-556-6734
- Virtual: Pre-registering at HoustonISD.org/PrekindergartenFair
Required enrollment documents include:
- Proof of address (utility bill such as light, gas, water, or lease)
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Child’s immunization record
- Parent identification
Support will be available virtually and on the phone in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Arabic.
Parents can submit pre-K applications online at HoustonISD.org/PreK. In addition, students new to kindergarten can enroll either online at HoustonISD.org/Enroll or simply by visiting their zoned elementary school.
Pre-Kindergarten follows the School Choice application process. Parents are advised to select back-up options if their first choice is not available.
For questions or further assistance, contact Office of School choice at (713) 556-6734 or by email at SchoolChoice@HoustonISD.org or HISD Early Childhood Education at (713) 556-6898 or by email at Curriculum@HoustonISD.org.