The HISD Gifted and Talented (G/T) Department is proud to announce its inaugural family symposium, “Opening the GATES to Gifted Learning.” The free virtual symposium is scheduled for August 3-6, 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
Register for the G/T Family Symposium by July 30, 2021. Parents will have access to 40 virtual sessions presented by HISD, nationally recognized experts and featured speakers, including:
- Dr. Donna Y. Ford – Distinguished Professor, The Ohio State University
- Dr. Paul Sedillo – Associate Professor, New Mexico Highlands University
- Colin Seale – CEO/Founder, thinkLaw
Session topics include, but are not limited to a focus on G/T and:
- Fine Arts,
- Special Education Services,
- Executive Functioning,
- School Choice,
- Equity, and
- Linguistic Accommodations.
Log in for the full schedule of virtual events.