HISD is offering one-on-one support for parents seeking assistance with enrolling their child in pre-K for the 2022-23 school year.
All elementary schools will participate in an event to assist parents with the application process on Thursday, March 3, 2022, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- In person: Visit any HISD elementary school or Early Childhood Center. Be sure to bring all required documents.
- By phone: Call the HISD hotline at 713-556-6734.
- Online: Join a virtual information session on the Prekindergarten Fair website (preregister at HoustonISD.org/PrekindergartenFair)
Required enrollment documents include:
- Proof of address (utility bill such as light, gas, water, or lease)
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Child’s immunization record
- Parent identification
Support will be available virtually and by phone in English and Spanish.
Parents can submit pre-K applications online at HoustonISD.org/PreK. In addition, students new to kindergarten can enroll either online at HoustonISD.org/Enroll or simply by visiting their zoned elementary school.
Prekindergarten follows the School Choice application process. Parents are advised to select back-up options in case their first choice is not available.
For questions or further assistance, contact Office of School Choice at 713-556-6734 or by email at SchoolChoice@HoustonISD.org; HISD Early Childhood Education at 713-556-6898 or by email at Curriculum@HoustonISD.org.