The HISD Teacher Recruitment and Selection Team will host the Campus Hiring Kickoff on Saturday, February 24, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sharpstown High School (7504 Bissonnet Street, 77074).
K-12 educators are invited to learn about Team HISD and the life-changing, student-centered work underway in the District. Attendees will have the opportunity to hear directly from school and District leaders and see the New Education System (NES) instructional model in action.
As the official kickoff to hiring season, the event is tailored to individuals interested in the following positions with HISD: teacher; teacher apprentice; learning coach; assistant principal; and counselor. Sessions and activities include:
- A presentation from Superintendent Mike Miles on Destination 2035
- A panel discussion and Q&A with school and District leaders
- Live NES instructional demonstrations
- A job fair for current (2023-2024) and future (2024-2025) openings
Find more information and register here.
Once registered, attendees will receive final event details in a separate email by 3 p.m. on Friday, February 23.
Eligibility requirement disclaimer:
- If you have not submitted an online application, please do so and complete the SSN number second step prior to arriving (received via email after submission). Failure to do so before arriving will delay or prohibit a school from extending you an offer. Complete your application online: www.houstonisd.org/careers.
- In the event a campus is ready to extend you an offer letter, please have a digital copy of your resume, and if readily available, a digital copy of your service records ready to share with hiring managers and Human Resources staff.
Internal HISD Applicants:
- Current HISD employees pursuing any of the roles stated above are welcome to attend, learn more about the NES, and network about potential opportunities with HISD campuses.
- Current district employees in Chapter 21 contract positions (e.g., teacher, counselor, librarian, etc.) are limited to connecting with potential HISD campuses for the 2024-2025 school year and must adhere to the designated Transfer Period window scheduled for spring 2024.