Three members of one family are making a difference in Houston ISD children’s lives and one student is awarded for helping others and not bowing down to peer pressure. Those are just two stories featured in this week’s edition of Community eNews.
- Three Team HISD members are keeping education in the family. A mother is a principal at an elementary school and two of her children teach at other elementary schools in the district.
- E-STEM Academy seventh-grader Jada Malveaux received a $2,000 scholarship, a laptop computer and free Luby’s for a year for standing up for what’s right.
- The 2012 Bond Program will furnish classroom with comfort and flexibility.
- The Board of Education recognized outstanding graduating seniors.
- Hartman Middle School students built a beautiful bench for a METRO bus stop near the campus.
- Hundreds of volunteers from Deloitte spent a day beautifying Wharton Elementary, Hamilton Middle and Reagan High schools.
You’re probably wondering how you can keep up with all this news from the district. It’s easy. Subscribe to our Community eNews and get the latest info on Thursdays during the summer and Fridays during the school year.