The Second Annual Together with Tech Student Conference is all set for Saturday, April 7, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Hattie Mae White Educational Support Center, 4400 W. 18th St. The theme is “Mind, Body, and Soul,” and the idea is to brainstorm solutions that will help the community. More information is available at the Together With Tech website.
This year’s summit will have two components:
- Open Expo: Teams will showcase their work on the first and second floors of Hattie Mae White. This is an opportunity for students to exhibit their projects without entering the competition.
- Tech Summit Competition: Each campus is allowed two entries to the competition portion of the Tech Summit. Teams will deliver a five-minute presentation during which they will demonstrate their solution to one of the guiding questions and its impact on the community.
This year’s tech summit topics are:
- Sound – How can you harness the power of sound to positively affect others?
- Nutrition – How can you help address the growing concern of inadequate nutrition?
- Community Safety – How can you help keep your community safe?
After a team chooses the guiding question, they select a category in which to compete. The categories are as follows:
- Digital Voice:Research and identify a specific problem in your chosen topic and create a model/prototype solution.
- Engineering a Solution:Research and identify a specific problem in your chosen topic and create a model/prototype solution.
- it:Develop a mobile phone and/or web app based on your selected topic.