The Houston Independent School District will kick off its third year of Parent University on Tuesday, Sept. 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. with the first of six virtual workshops.
The workshops will connect parents and children to resources offered by the district to create successful academic careers as well as safe and healthy environments at home and at school.
The theme of the first session is “2020-2021 School Year 101” and will focus on the district’s “Reconnect Safely, Return Strong” reopening plan. After the September session, Parent University virtual workshops will take place on a monthly basis:
- Tuesday, Oct. 20 – Family Engagement
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 – Digital Citizenship
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 – School Level(s) Transition
- Tuesday, Feb. 16 – Non-Academic Supports Offered in HISD
- Tuesday, April 20 – Supporting Your Child’s Social and Emotional Needs
All HISD families are encouraged to attend. A variety of community resources will be available for parents. Registration and more information for each event can be found at HoustonISD.org/ParentUniversity.