The Office of Special Education Services will be sponsoring virtual parent trainings in collaboration with Region 4 to facilitate parent engagement. The first virtual training is scheduled for September 22, 2022.
During the school year, the following topics will be presented on the second Thursday of every month, unless otherwise specified:
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards: Overview for Parents
- Parent’s Guide to the ARD Process
- Special Education 101
- Behavior support
- Contents of the IEP
- Child Find and the Referral Process
- Services for Students who are Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Introduction to Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- How to Partner with Your Child During the School Year/Community and Statewide Resources
- Providing Structure at Home During Breaks
- Twice Exceptional Students
There will be sign language interpreters throughout the entire presentation, and there will be Spanish interpretation for the Q&A portion. Spanish-speaking parents will have access to the live Spanish captions during the trainings.
Please sign-in and register for the training by using the following link: https://region4parenttrainings.sched.com/