The Office of Special Education Services will be sponsoring virtual parent trainings in collaboration with Region 4 to facilitate parent engagement.
During the school year, the following topics will be presented on the second Thursday of every month, unless otherwise specified:
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards: Overview for Parents
- Parent’s Guide to the ARD Process
- Special Education 101
- Behavior support
- Contents of the IEP
- Child Find and the Referral Process
- Services for Students who are Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Introduction to Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- How to Partner with Your Child During the School Year/Community and Statewide Resources
- Providing Structure at Home During Breaks
- Twice Exceptional Students
There will be sign language interpreters throughout the entire presentation, and there will be Spanish interpretation for the Q&A portion. Spanish-speaking parents will have access to the live Spanish captions during the trainings.
Please sign-in and register for the training by using the following link: https://region4parenttrainings.sched.com/