Superintendent of the Houston Independent School District, F. Mike Miles, announced the initial members of the HISD leadership team. The team brings together veteran HISD leaders with the expertise and vision of some of Texas’ most exceptional education talent. These appointments are effective immediately, and just the first in a series of leadership appointments that will be made in the coming weeks.
Appointed to the Cabinet:
- Kerri Briggs, Chief of Staff
- Orlando Riddick, Division Superintendent
- Luz Martinez, Division Superintendent
- Imelda De La Guardia, Division Superintendent
- Jim Terry, Chief of Finance and Business Services
- Wanda Paul, Chief Operations Officer
- Kristen Dobson Hole, Chief Academic Officer
- Sandi Massey, Chief of Leadership and Professional Development
- Catosha Woods, General Counsel
- Scott Gilhousen, Chief Information Officer
“It is my great pleasure to announce that these outstanding education professionals have made the commitment to serve the children, families, and staff at HISD,” said Miles. “Their collective experience and expertise make this one of the most skilled education leadership teams in the nation. More important than that, they share the clear and ambitious vision to implement system-wide reform in HISD that improves student outcomes for all HISD students, eradicates the massive achievement gaps for Black and Brown students, and provides a full set of education experiences to prepare all HISD graduates for the year 2035 and beyond.”
To read more about each cabinet member, visit the senior staff webpage.