Elementary and middle school students have been busy creating lively videos for Nutrition Services’ National School Lunch Week jingle contest.
Students were asked to compose a short jingle or rap about the importance of making healthy food choices. The contest was developed in honor of National School Lunch Week, which was held Oct. 14-18.
This year, the theme — What’s on Your Playlist? — highlighted the variety of flavors and dishes offered in today’s school lunch.
Nutrition Services received the following entries:
- Bastian Elementary School: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6534547/video/369347480
- Garden Villas Elementary School: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6534547/video/369222648
- JP Henderson Elementary School: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6534547/video/369330986
- Parker Elementary School: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6534547/video/369338382
- Wilson Montessori: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6534547/video/369328536
- Briarmeadow Middle School: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6534547/video/369402919
- Jane Long Academy Middle School: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6534547/video/369330394
- McReynolds Middle School: https://vimeo.com/showcase/6534547/video/369333267
A panel will review all submissions and select the top elementary school and middle school entries, to be announced on the @HISDNutri Twitter account Nov. 11. The winners will be featured on the @HISDNutri Twitter account and will receive a special prize.