Houston Independent School District honored the 2021-2022 Educators of the Year at its annual banquet on Friday, May 13, at Hilton Americas-Houston.
Maria Soria from Port Houston Elementary School was named Elementary Teacher of the Year.
Kaylinn McNary from North Forest High School was named Secondary Teacher of the Year.
A full list of the finalists and campus teachers of the year can be found here.
The Beginning Teachers of the Year winners are:
- Madeline Gonynor from School at St. George Place
- Brittany Dominguez from Ortiz Middle School
- Briana Edwards from Wheatley High School
The Principals of the Year are:
- Trealla Epps from Roberts Elementary School
- Rita Graves from Lamar High School
This year’s theme was Lagniappe—meaning “a little extra”—and served to recognize educators who provide extra support.