HISD is offering one-on-one support for parents and caregivers seeking assistance with enrolling their child in pre-K for the 2023-2024 school year.
Elementary schools that offer pre-k programs and Early Childhood Centers will participate in a pre-K fair on Wednesday, Feb. 1, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
In addition to in-person support, assistance will be available virtually and by phone in English and Spanish.
- In person: Visit any HISD elementary school that offers a pre-K program or Early Childhood Center. Be sure to bring all required documents.
- By phone: Call the HISD hotline at 713-556-4826.
- Online: Join a virtual information session on the Prekindergarten Fair website.
Required enrollment documents include:
- Proof of address (utility bill such as light, gas, water, or lease)
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records
- Parent/caregiver identification
Parents can submit pre-K applications online anytime at HoustonISD.org/PreK. In addition, students new to kindergarten can enroll either online at HoustonISD.org/Enroll or simply by visiting their zoned elementary school.
Pre-K follows the School Choice application process. Parents are advised to select back-up options in case their first choice is not available.
For questions or further assistance, contact Office of School Choice at 713-556-6734 or by email at SchoolChoice@HoustonISD.org; HISD Early Childhood Education at 713-556-6898 or by email at Curriculum@HoustonISD.org.