Safety will continue to lead the way as HISD prepares to welcome students and staff back on Monday, Jan. 3. As part of the district’s efforts to prioritize safety, HISD will continue to enforce its mask mandate at all district offices, facilities, campuses, and school buses.
To keep school and work communities safe upon everyone’s return, all students and staff are strongly encouraged to get tested for COVID-19 before returning to school or work on Jan. 3, regardless of vaccination status.
HISD has expanded partnerships with community leaders and health officials to provide additional COVID-19 testing and vaccination opportunities to the community in the following ways:
- Free drive-thru COVID-19 PCR screening testing on Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022, at the times and locations below:
- 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Chavez HS (8501 Howard), Westbury HS (11911 Chimney Rock), and Westside HS (14201 Briar Forest Dr.).
- 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Bellaire HS (5100 Maple St.) and Worthing HS (9215 Scott St.). To register, please go to https://bit.ly/3eB7hDn or contact Fulgent Genetics at email@example.com or via phone at 346-803-5828 and select option 1.
- Free drive-thru mega site to expand access to free COVID-19 testing at HISD’s Delmar Stadium in partnership with the Houston Health Department. To register, visit HoustonHealth.org or call 832-393-4220.
- Free COVID-19 PCR screening testing on all campuses to HISD students and staff beginning January 2022. A one-time consent is required for testing and can be filled out in the following link https://bit.ly/HISDC19Test.
Please note that all classes will resume in-person, but all non-athletic field trips, including enrichment or curricular trips are suspended until further notice.