HISD, in partnership with the Houston Food Bank School Market program, will offer daily food distribution at five area high schools, beginning Saturday, March 16 to Friday, March 20.
A sixth high school will host a one-time food distribution site on Saturday, March 14.
The measure is being implementing to ensure all HISD families, many of whom have students who depend upon school meals, have access to healthy food while the district is closed.
Sites are strategically located throughout the district to ensure all families have access. Specific dates and times are listed below. Distribution will take place outside in the parking lot and families must sign-in. The program will be reviewed throughout the week and extended, as needed.
Saturday, March 14
- Chavez High School, 8501 Howard Dr.; 9 a.m. to noon
Monday, March 16 through Friday, March, 20 (daily)
- Milby High School, 1601 Broadway St.; 9 a.m. to noon
- Wisdom High School, 6529 Beverly Hill; 9 a.m. to noon
- Kashmere High School, 6900 Wileyvale Road; 1 to 4 p.m.
- Madison High School, 13719 White Heather Dr.; 1 to 4 p.m.
- Northside High School, 1101 Quitman St.; 3 to 6 p.m.
HISD is continuing to monitor the situation and stay in close contact with health and education officials and will provide updates, as necessary. Students, parents, and staff are urged to remain vigilant in their efforts to stay healthy.
For updates and information, please visit www.houstonisd.org/HealthAlerts