Houston Independent School District will recognize its nearly 12,000 teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 2 through 6.
The week is a part of a nationwide campaign spearheaded by the National Parent Teacher Association.
“Teachers, your passion and dedication are what inspire others on even the hardest of days,” said Superintendent Millard House II. “Your inspiration was especially evident and needed over the last two years as everyone had to adapt through the many obstacles brought on by the pandemic and reset upon our return to integrate new learning practices and care for students’ overall well-being.”
HISD is launching a campaign to spotlight teachers and show how teaching is a work of heart. Students, staff, parents, and the community are encouraged to join in on social media and use the hashtag #ThankHISDTeachers and tag @HoustonISD and @TeamHISD.
- Monday (May 2): Describe your teacher using words that start with the letters H-E-A-R-T.
- Tuesday (May 3): Write a sweet note or poem for your teacher on heart-shaped paper.
- Wednesday (May 4): Teaching is heart work… Ask your teacher how you can help them today!
- Thursday (May 5): Pump it up! Create a fun cheer for your teacher.
- Friday (May 6): Share a heartfelt video message from you to your teacher.
Don’t forget to cast your vote for Fan Favorite Teachers of the Year. Voting is open through May 6.